Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life is a Moving Picture Show. . . . Follow the Screens

After reading Becoming Screen Literate by Kevin Kelly, published in the New York Times Magazine, reality suddenly hits you in the face, makes you think a little bit. Everywhere we go, whether it be like he said gas stations, or grocery stores, videos are streaming. It's kind of frightening at first, or can catch you off guard when you're walking down the aisle of a grocery store and out of the blue this loud male or female voice starts advertising a product. Most of these ads now are motion-censored, so the ad will start playing when you walk by or grab something off a nearby shelf. None the less, these types of ads are everywhere. Just a few years ago, coupon dispensers would spit out coupons at you, now we get demonstration, it's crazy how things have changed. We  must become "screen literate" as mentioned in the article because everything we do, and everywhere we go, there is bound to be a video; whether it be an advertisement, or a homemade movie full of priceless memories.

As he talks about the easiness of making videos, that's something I can agree with, there are so many programs that will let you do your own video editing and moving slideshows. I personally have Windows 7 OS, and my laptop came loaded with Window  Live Movie Maker, I have made a total of three workable videos with this program. As I mentioned in class my senior year of high school my friends and I decided to enjoy a little fun after English with Dr. Richardson, so we created "Adventure Time". Many times we took pictures and videos at the  part and various other locations in Gaffney. The video below is one of the first I created with Windows Live Movie Maker. I also used this program to create a video presentation after a mission trip to South Africa this summer. I love the layout of this program, and it makes it fun to create these types of "movies". Hope you enjoy.

Adventure Time - music by Taylor Swift "Never Grow Up"
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment